[News] List of Underrated GNU/Linux Programs

5 Most Underrated Linux Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| FOSS is evolving. Computers are getting faster and cheaper.  Nowadays, even
| open source software has a lot of internal competition, and with more
| processing power, developers are now able to churn out feature-rich
| applications. But do we need them? Most people go for the most popular apps,
| which everyone uses. Consequently, there is a multitude of apps which people
| don’t know that well.  They are excellent programs, sadly though, you rarely
| see them on your average Linux user’s desktop. So here is a list of what I
| think are some of the most underrated Linux apps.
|
| Cinelerra
|
| [...]
|
| XMMS 2
|
| [...]
|
| Dillo
|
| [...]
|
| Geany
|
| [...]
|
| Gnome Do
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2008/08/23/5-most-underrated-linux-apps/

Recent:

Konqueror 3.5.9 Review - The Great Swiss Knife

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that over the years, Konqueror almost became synonymous with KDE.
| Even though there are alternative web browsers, file managers, good image
| viewers like Gwenview or PDF viewers like KPDF, Konqueror is still one of the
| most popular and most used application on the KDE desktop.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/06/konqueror-359-review-great-swiss-knife.html

Related:

Katapulting away from the menu.