[News] [Rival] Microsoft Vice President of Microsoft Services in NA Jumped Ship Quietly

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Vice President of Microsoft Services in NA Jumped Ship Quietly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 00:54:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft names ex- Capgemini parent new vice president of Microsoft Services,
North America

,----[ quote ]
| Callahan joins Microsoft from Lawson Software, where he served as executive
| vice president of Professional Services.
`----

http://www.consultant-news.com/article_display.aspx?p=adp&id=4983

When did that vacancy opened? They abandon quietly these days.

,----[ Quote ]
| Are Microsoft's best days behind it? Is that a serious question? Of course,
| they're behind it.
|
| In case you've been under a rock, Microsoft's been on the decline for years
| now.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/making_the_bill_gates_myth_grow

Recent:

First black Microsoft MD quits

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft South Africa MD Pfungwa Serima has resigned.
`----

http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/business/2008/0806301330.asp?A=MOV&S=Career%20Moves&O=FPLEAD
http://tinyurl.com/6cjejs

Belgium's Option names two new board members

,----[ Quote ]
| Olivier Lefebvre, until recently a member of the NYSE Euronext Inc.
| management committee, and Patrick De Smedt, formerly chairman of Microsoft in
| Europe, Middle East and Africa, would be independent board members, Option
| said.
`----

http://uk.reuters.com/article/rbssTechMediaTelecomNews/idUKL024097020080702

Microsoft loses another ad executive

,----[ Quote ]
| Evans is the latest departure from Microsoft's advertising ranks. In March,
| MSN ad sales executive Joanne Bradford announced she was leaving for a post
| at Spot Runner.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9942348-56.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Microsoft's Vista Blogger Quits As Redmond Exodus Builds

,----[ Quote ]
| White did not provide a reason for his decision. To be sure, his position
| could not have been an easy one. White's posts often elicited hundreds of
| glitches and quirks.
|
| His departure also raises questions about Microsoft's ability to retain
| talent in the Web 2.0 world.
|
| [...]
|
| Earlier this year, Microsoft Business Division president Jeff Raikes said he
| would retire in September, to be replaced by former Juniper Networks chief
| operating officer Stephen Elop.
|
| Microsoft's merger and acquisitions chief Bruce Jaffe stepped down at the end
| of February.
|
| To boot, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will give up full-time duties at the
| company in July.
|
| The departures highlight one of Microsoft's biggest challenges as a mature
| company: attracting and retaining Silicon Valley's top talent. In its early
| days, Microsoft could entice recruits with an entrepreneurial environment and
| stock options that eventually turned secretaries into millionaires.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207001276&subSection=All+Stories

MS Poll 08

,----[ Quote ]
|     I used to work in Microsoft India SMSG. In the past week, 10% of BMO
|     quit. We've had people in EPG bail out in a hurry because the management
|     does not care and is totally intellectually corrupt. Hiring is the
|     exclusive domain of the GM who calls her cronies from HP to rape the
|     company culture. I am done with MS India. DPE has a leader who is not a
|     leader.
|
|     When people talk about MS Poll and how OHI has improved they forget that
|     the the problem is that 50% of the hires in India are about a year old
|     and they're still drinking the kool ade. To them, the mere act of joining
|     Microsoft is something to be proud of. They're still giddy with delight
|     at getting the MS offer letter because for years they have been shat upon
|     by the Indian SIs they come from during their tenure there.
|
|     We've got a CVP who is preoccupied with seeing his face in the newspaper
|     and magazines. To him, success is the number of publication impressions
|     and not the well being of the employees.
|
|     Stock price?? It's important, but with grade levels sucking in India, the
|     grants are miniscule. Unless of course you are a partner or VP in which
|     case you are laughing all the way to the bank while the employees drive
|     revenue and sweat in the mines.
|
|     This is the Microsoft India I left. I'm glad I am no longer part of it.
|
| [...]
|
|     I have heard the same about India Dev Center also. Lot of people at lower
|     levels (dev/dev-II) seem to be leaving the company and salary seems to be
|     the primary motivation. In some cases, even the entry-level salaries at
|     these "rival" companies is more than these people's (with 3-5 years
|     experience) current salary.
|
| [...]
|
|     How bad is things in Microsoft India? The GM Neelam Dhawan is fired and
|     going back to HP. She is taking Rajiv Srivastava with her.
|
| [...]
|
|     My friends and fellow Microsoft people, let me tell you that the
|     situation in SMSG India is horrible. People are leaving and the
|     leadership never meets the employees. We have box manufacturers trying to
|     sell software. We have Chairman who I have not seen in 6 months in
|     person. I have seen him on TV and the newspaper a few times. We have MD
|     Neelam Dhawan who interviewed at Cisco 2 times and did not get a job
|     there and is now going back to HP. The Country Manager for Xbox has left.
|     BMO has almost 100% churn.
|
| [...]
|
|     Weekly reporting !!!
|
|     The Walmartization of Microsoft is now complete. I am in EPG and am now
|     expected to give a weekly sales forecast. What crack is he smoking?
|
| [...]
|
|     We are tired of scorecards and metrics and now Weekly Fucking
|     forecasts????
|
|     Will Kevin-the-used-car-salesman please leave the building?
|
|     SteveB - what WILL wake you up?
`----

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2008/03/ms-poll-08.html

Vista marketing chief to bid Microsoft adieu

,----[ Quote ]
| Michael Sievert, Corporate Vice President for Windows Product Marketing, is
| moving on, according to multiple sources of mine.
|
| It’s hard to make the case that Sievert, who was responsible for the
| worldwide introduction of Windows Vista, isn’t being pushed for the
| less-than-enthusiastic public perception of Microsoft’s latest version of
| Windows. Even though Microsoft has moved 100-million-plus copies of Vista,
| many consumers and businesses still consider the new release buggy, sluggish
| and incompatible with existing software and drivers.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1158

Related:

Microsoft’s OEM chief defects to Lenovo

,----[ Quote ]
| While so many of us Microsoft watchers were preoccupied with the hasty
| departure of former Microsfot CIO Stuart Scott, the resignation of the
| company’s OEM chief slipped right by most of us.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=999

Microsoft losing acquisition playmaker

,----[ Quote ]
| In a previous life Jaffe was the CFO for Microsoft's MSN division, and also
| had roles overseeing acquisitions related to Microsoft's consumer business,
| groups like MSNBC and Microsoft Games.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-9847376-37.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Microsoft Windows hardware leader takes a ‘vacation’

,----[ Quote ]
| Veteran Softies are dropping like flies lately. The latest Microsoft exec to
| leave is Jawad Khaki, Corporate Vice President of the Windows Hardware
| Ecosystem.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1002

Danny Thorpe quits the Windows Live development team

,----[ Quote ]
| Danny Thorpe, one of the higher-profile hires Microsoft made to its Windows
| Live team, has decided to leave for greener pastures.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=806

Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company

,----[ Quote ]
| Bryan Lee, corporate vice president at Microsoft's entertainment
| and devices division, also played a key role in shaping the Xbox
| game console business and the introduction of its Internet
| Protocol television software.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6155200.html

Yet another Microsoft search exec calls it quits

,----[ Quote ]
| In March, Blake Irving, the Corporate VP in charge of the Windows
| Live platform, announced his plans to leave Microsoft, effective
| this summer. Payne announced his resignation from Microsoft shortly
| after Irving made his announcement.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=407

Former Microsoft Search Chief Bill Bliss On Early Search Missteps

,----[ Quote ]
| Bill's biggest regret? Not bypassing middle management that wasn't
| listening to him scream about the coming threat of Google and going
| right up to Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer.
`----

http://searchengineland.com/070309-094930.php

Microsoft Search Leader To Leave Company

,----[ Quote ]
| The Microsoft Corp. vice president who led the company's push into
| Internet search is leaving the software giant as the effort he
| helped launch loses ground against lead competitor Google Inc.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/preview_login.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB117329976478329930.html%3Fmod%3Dyahoo_hs%26ru%3Dyahoo
http://tinyurl.com/2jran7

Microsoft Businesss Solutions Group's Burgum to resign

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp.'s Business Solutions group senior vice president Doug
| Burgum will resign, effective June 30, and leave the company to pursue
| other opportunities, the company said on Tuesday.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060912:MTFH70760_2006-09-12_16-35-37_N9C318839&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/h4coe

Database head to leave daily duties at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Paul Flessner, who leads Microsoft's data storage and platform
| division, will step down from his daily duties after the new year.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6131496.html

Microsoft Windows Live VP to resign

,----[ Quote ]
| Blake Irving, a Corporate Vice President in Microsoft's Windows
| Live Platform group, is resigning his post, according to sources
| close to the company.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=296

Veteran Windows architect resigns from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| On the heels of a week of news of a number of Microsoft executive departures
| and reshufflings, another has come to light. Rob Short, Corporate Vice
| President for Windows Core, has resigned from the company.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1110

Juniper Networks exec to succeed Microsoft Business Division President Raikes

,----[ Quote ]
| Another reason I consider the Raikes announcement timing odd: Why announce
| Raikes’ departure a day after acknowledging the defection of your mergers and
| acquisitions chief Bruce Jaffe? You could make the argument that Microsoft
| wants to get all its defection/churn announcements out of the way at once.
| But I’m not sure I’d look at things the same way, if I were one of the
| company’s “image makers”….
|
| Microsoft also announced on January 10 that Bob Muglia, the Senior Vice
| President in charge of Microsoft’s Server and Tools Business, is going to
| move out of the Business Division and report directly to CEO Steve Ballmer.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1101

Microsoft loses top executive in China

,----[ Quote ]