[News] Raising Awareness of GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Promoted in Arabic

How do we attract the next generation?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Reader’s Advisory Board had a discussion thread going the other day about
| where embedded Linux was being used. Most of us wondered about this and it
| was put forward that it is probably in use in more places than we realized
| but because of a variety of reasons, knowing it was there was harder to
| determine. Similarly, unless your IT group is pro-Linux and not afraid to say
| it, I would be willing to bet that you have no idea how much Linux is really
| running in the back office of your corporation. It could be a lot, it could
| be a little. Attitudes are changing in IT management towards a more
| heterogeneous environment, but many still do not want to know the hows and
| whys, as long as it keeps running.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/how-do-we-attract-next-generation

Ubuntu Arabic Team

,----[ Quote ]
| We have been working on Ubuntu Arabic silently to merge all of the scattered
| Ubuntu related efforts in Arabia to establish one solid good team and I guess
| we just did it and we just reached phase zero. (Yes, we were working in minus
| degree).
|
| First, we merged with ubuntu-alarabi.net and now waiting to hear from
| arabuntu.org, we are so excited and we want to put all possible efforts on
| this team.
`----

http://syntux.net/blog/2008/08/21/ubuntu-arabic-team/

"The number of developers working on improving Linux vastly exceeds the number
of Microsoft developers working on Windows NT."

                --Paul Maritz, Microsoft

Related:

Microsoft continues to ignore the Muslim world

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the Microsoft comments have just been leaked out of the ECMA
| fortress. Microsoft continues to ignore the Muslim world, and they don't want
| to correct its WORKDAY function in order to 'do not break backward
| compatibility': "Weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) are not considered as
| working days."
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft/ECMA rolls over cultural diversity. Does someone wants to call Al
| Jazeera?
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-29635/microsoft-continues-to-ignore-the-muslim-world

Welcome to UbuntuME!