[News] Firefox Addon Winners, RIA Platform Marries LGPL

Mozilla names best Firefox 3 add-ons

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Corp. Thursday announced the winners of its third "Extend Firefox"
| contest, an annual competition that recognizes the year's best Firefox
| add-ons.
| Related links
|
| This year's contest, which launched in March and brought in more than 100
| entries, focused on add-ons that took advantage of Mozilla's newest
| open-source browser, Firefox 3.0.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/082108-mozilla-names-best-firefox-3.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

28 Coolest Firefox About:Config Tricks

,----[ Quote ]
| You may have installed countless add-on in Firefox to enhance your using
| experience, but if you want to get the most out of Firefox, you really have
| to hack your way into the about:config.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/28-coolest-firefox-aboutconfig-tricks/2008/08/21

Helmi Open Source RIA Platform and the CCS ThinWire Solution To Be Integrated

,----[ Quote ]
| ThinWire is an open source, free for commercial use, development
| framework that allows companies to easily build applications for the Web that
| have responsive, expressive and interactive user interfaces without the
| complexity experienced in traditional Web application development.
`----

http://ajax.sys-con.com//node/351001/print

Recent:

Interview: Qt Comes to Mozilla and Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Developers from Nokia and Mozilla have been working hard to port the Mozilla
| Platform and Firefox to Qt and there are now some solid results available. An
| experimental build of Firefox Qt is available, and you can download the
| sources from Mozilla's mercurial repository. The plan is to merge the Qt
| branch into the central Mozilla branch to make the port official. KDE Dot
| News spoke to developer Oleg Romaxa from Nokia who came to Akademy 2008 from
| Finland.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1218543988/

Linux and Web 2.0: the Killer Combo

,----[ Quote ]
| I said I wouldn't post as much about technology unrelated to the Web, but I
| have noticed that Linux is a hot topic on Digg right now. The OS - and, let's
| face it, Linux is easier to define when we just view it as an OS - has been
| gaining momentum ever since Windows Vista turned into a nightmare for
| Microsoft. Actually, the word "momentum" is probably too strong, it is more
| like "gaining a little traction after spinning its wheels for so long" or
| maybe "finally emerging from complete obscurity".
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/linux_and_web_2_0

Related:

Forget Facebook. The Web's platform is Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9893479-16.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20