[News] Uselessness of 'Studies' and Surveys, The Power of Choice

OpenLogic's open source census is just another survey

,----[ Quote ]
| Statistics are a useful tool when it comes to puting flesh on bare
| statements. Linux Weekly News editor Jonathan Corbett, for example, puts out
| an annual report called the Kernel Report is which he uses statistics about
| kernel development to illustrate trends.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20174/1148/

WebKit vs. Firefox: choice is a victory for integrators

,----[ Quote ]
| The point of this comparison is to demonstrate that both HTML renderers
| create unique integration opportunities for third-party developers and
| provide different kinds of value to adopters. Nokia's desire to use and
| support both WebKit and Firefox in various contexts richly demonstrates the
| strength that diversity brings to open ecosystems. Choice is the beating
| heart of empowerment.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080820-webkit-vs-firefox-choice-is-a-victory-for-integrators.html

Recent: