Re: [News] GNU/Linux gains Overclocking from AMD

>> AMD OverDrive On Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| When it comes to ATI hardware, one of the features we have been after for the
>>| longest time on Linux has been any overclocking support. Windows users have
>>| ATI's OverDrive at their disposal along with an arsenal of third-party
>>| utilities such as ATI Tool. NVIDIA also has various utilities for
>>| overclocking their graphics cards on Windows, but they also provide support
>>| for overclocking on Linux. Today though with the release of the Catalyst 8.8
>>| Linux driver there is finally ATI OverDrive 5 support on Linux.
>
> Don't you think stable Linux drivers from ATI would be more important to
> the Linux community?

Why?  That's like saying the American people want better foreign policy
rather than lower taxes or more efficient government.

It's a big community, and some people have different priorities.

--
... when fits of creativity run strong, more than one programmer or writer
has been known to abandon the desktop for the more spacious floor.