Re: [News] Game Developers Encourages to Support GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Lugaru shows why game devs should support OS X and Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Jeff Rosen of Wolfire Games has an intriguing post up about
> | why developers of videogames like himself should go out of
> | their way to support the OS X and Linux markets. Their
> | game, Lugaru, is available on Windows, OS X and Linux, and
> | the upcoming sequel, Overgrowth, is also being developed
> | for OS X.
> `----
>
> http://www.tuaw.com/2008/12/30
lugaru-shows-why-game-devs-should-support-os-x-and-linux/

As soon as they put out a demo of Prey on Linux, and said
the commercial version was available under Linux, I tried it
and went out and bought the DVD and played it with the Linux
version. The stunning realism on a 24" monitor with high
frame rates on nothing but a discontinued 6600 nVidia card
and a 2GHz dual core means ANY new games under Linux will top
any windummy PC on a modern desktop PC.

More reasons for games developers to use Linux than ever
before to both develop games and to publish games.