[News] Schools Don't Teach Computers... Because of Microsoft

Linux Confiscation At School.

,----[ Quote ]
| What concerns me here is that schools tend to be teaching
| kids that using computers is about learning to use
| microsoft products such as word, powerpoint etc, all very
| well, but how about introducing elements of computer
| science into the classroom and not just leaving it as an
| option for further education. Anyhow, the event is fully
| talked about in the the tech guy podcast.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10011760o-2000578623b,00.htm

Recent:

The Linux laptop goes to school

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2867

More Ways That Open Source Could Benefit Schools

http://ostatic.com/172521-blog/more-ways-that-open-source-could-benefit-schools