[News] More Free Software in Business and Finance

Software product development moving beyond financial domains

,----[ Quote ]
| We work at the cutting edge of many open source software,
| which frequently requires us to enhance them or fix issues
| in them. Our Kuliza Labs program is geared towards
| incubating and building our own products by partnering with
| people with deep domain expertise.
`----

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/008200812291221.htm

Open for business

,----[ Quote ]
| As with any modern IT chief, Henry is always looking at
| ways to remove cost from doing business and, to that end,
| he has been an enthusiastic adopter of open source and Unix
| variants where appropriate. For example, SerCom uses the
| open source software Nagios.org as its monitoring tool. A
| useful feature,  Henry says, is the facility for sending
| text message alerts to the team in the event of an outage
| or about an issue that needs to be addressed. “Around the
| periphery, such as network monitoring tools, helpdesk
| applications or document management systems, we’re using a
| number of open source tools and we’re delighted with how
| well they’re working for us. At the coalface of delivering
| the business day-to-day needs we have exclusively
| commercial products, such as SAP, and I don’t envisage that
| changing, but open source has been good to us and we tinker
| around the edges,” says Henry.
`----

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/12008/cio/open-for-business

Old:

Financial firms urged to look into open source

http://www.computerweekly.com/Feeds/RS/Articles/2006/05/02/215734/Financialfirmsurgedtolookintoopensource.htm

The week in technology: Yahoo says ya boo to Microsoft

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/11eadcd4-e1a3-11da-bf4c-0000779e2340.html

Survey: Financial Firms On the Fence for Open Source

http://www.oetrends.com/news.php?action=view_record&idnum=534

UA topic: open-source financial software

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/24273.php