[News] Plans for Linux 2.6.29 Discussed, Ts'o Advises Debian

Kernel Mode-Setting Push For Linux 2.6.29 Kernel

,----[ Quote ]
| Kernel mode-setting allows for faster VT
| switching, improved suspend-and-resume
| support, a flicker-free boot experience,
| eliminating the need for X to be banging
| on the hardware, and various other benefits.
| While KMS is finally entering the mainline
| Linux kernel, it's been shipping as a
| preview feature in Fedora since earlier
| this year (A Preview of KMS). Kernel
| mode-setting is also depended upon by
| Red Hat's Plymouth boot project as well
| as Wayland. For more on kernel
| mode-setting, checkout The State of
| Kernel Mode-Setting or our other articles.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njk2MA

Ts'o calls for pragmatic Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| In a blog posting, Theodore Ts'o, Linux kernel
| developer and recently appointed CTO of the
| Linux Foundation, has called for more
| pragmatism from the Debian community.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/Ts-o-calls-for-pragmatic-Debian--/news/112317

Recent:

A guide to the kernel development process

http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/book/1-what-this-document-is-about

5 things you didn’t know about linux kernel code metrics

http://linuxator.wordpress.com/2008/07/22/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-linux-kernel-code-metrics/
http://tinyurl.com/5p5cqh