[News] Further GNU/Linux Growth on Desktop Expected in 2009

Obligatory Year-End Positive Linux Predictions

,----[ Quote ]
| Almost every year end, most blogs - magazines - publications
| and so called “Linux gurus” makes mostly positive
| predictions about the future of Linux and it’s market
| share. Following this tradition, it’s only fair that I
| too share with you my Linux predictions for 2009.
|
| - Linux will NOT take over Window or even Mac OS
| consumer desktop market share…
|
| - However, it will most definitely will increase
| its own market share. Perhaps, not as drastic as we
| would like to see but significant nevertheless -
| compare to previous years.
|
| - Increase in Netbook sales will continue to serve
| Linux well to help gain market share. As more
| distributors concentrate on keeping netbook cheap
| in a highly competitive market where there is demand
| for cheap computers in a failing economy.
`----

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/12/27/obligatory-year-end-positive-linux-predictions/

Recent:

The Year of the Linux Desktop Turns Out to be the Year of the Linux Mainframe

http://www.linux-foundation.org/weblogs/jzemlin/2008/03/04/the-year-of-the-linux-desktop-turns-out-to-be-the-year-of-the-linux-mainframe/