[News] Gentoo Wins Hearts and Keeps Hearts

Why am I moving to Gentoo?

,----[ Quote ]
| So to summarize all that next time I’m asked “why Gentoo?” my answer should
| be “because I feel at home with it”.  I don’t mind if you keep using Debian.
| Debian is a great operating system; I still use it as my disc-encryption file
| server. Still, I don’t feel at home there. I have seen my more: this more is
| Gentoo.
`----

http://blog.hartwork.org/?p=181

Finding a new distro... part 1?

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been looking pretty seriously at Arch to replace Gentoo, so this post
| will describe my experiences and impressions thus far. I set up a VM to try
| the install and get a feel for the distro, and so far it seems OK. The
| install was easy and pretty fast, although I would have liked the ability to
| configure my kernel at install -- a step that, at least after years of
| Gentoo, was conspicuously missing.
`----

http://jdm-tech.blogspot.com/2008/12/finding-new-distro-part-1.html

Recent:

Gentoo still rules

,----[ Quote ]
| Gentoo is pretty good for this kind of thing, whatever its other
| shortcomings. Does any other distro make it this easy to do such things? (I'm
| genuinely curious.)
`----

http://briancarper.net/2008/09/26/gentoo-still-rules/

Viva Gentoo

,----[ Quote ]
| Talking about a light desktop, there is now a Gentoo project to bring LXDE,
| the Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment, to our beloved distro. I already
| committed PCManFM, a fast and lightweight, tabbed GTK+ file manager, which is
| used as the default file manager in LXDE.
`----

http://ben.liveforge.org/viva-gentoo

Satisfied Gentoo users

,----[ Quote ]
| If you, like me, would rather “think positive” — life can be depressing
| enough as it is — then here are some more recent, positive, reactions from
| satisfied Gentoo users...
`----

http://ben.liveforge.org/satisfied-gentoo-users

I keep coming back to Gentoo!