Re: [News] GIMP PLug-in Attacked with Software Patent

Verily I say unto thee, that Peter Köhlmann spake thusly:
> Hadron wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Software patents harm society.
[...]
>> The only people hurt are free loading copy cats.

And who did Runaway Technology® freely learn and "copy" from before
handing over a big wad of cash to the patent office, to claim the
"right" to monopolise the sum total of other's ideas, simply because
they made the "magnanimous gesture" of spending lots of money to "copy"
those ideas from others, through academic study and simply observation?

Patents are one of the most profoundly unethical things in the history
of humanity, because they pervert the pool of all human thought, and the
very process of learning, into some commoditisable "product" that must
be owned and controlled by corporations, just so they can leased out
that thought for profit.

It's sick.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 07:20:12 up 51 days, 15:03,  5 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.37, 0.36