Re: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! GWAD ALMIGHTY!!!!

> She was a "useful idiot" to Microsoft. Miguel de Icaza is the same.

De Icaza is no idiot. He doesn't sleep with the enemy because he's too
stupid to know they're morally corrupt, he does so because he admires
them, but chooses to pretend that corruption is nothing but the
imaginings of a bunch of "demonisers" ("demonisers" like the DOJ, and
more recently the IDC, for example?). He may attempt to justify this as
pragmatism, but in reality it's just hypocrisy and betrayal. And in the
end, it makes him just as corrupt as the gangsters he supports.

This might be understandable (although no less reprehensible) if there
was some grand prize awaiting him at the end of this selfish journey,
but the "golden idols" de Icaza has become enamoured with are some of
the worst examples of software and/or standards in the industry,
including ActiveX ("I became interested in [it] inmediately[sic]").

No, on second thoughts, you're right; de Icaza is indeed an idiot. A
morally depraved idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 06:46:27 up 51 days, 14:29,  4 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.19, 0.19