[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Impending Hardships Described by Microsoft Boosters

Microsoft Plans To Cut Jobs By 10 Percent

,----[ Quote ]
| "The news is in. All the money making groups cut 10 percent of the
| workforce," says another Microsoft employee.
`----

http://www.newsoxy.com/microsoft/article11527.html

Even Microsoft Jack wrote about it:

Mini-Microsoft floats lay-off rumours in Redmond

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2008/dec/22/mini-microsoft-layoffs

What to watch in Seattle tech in '09

,----[ Quote ]
| CUTBACKS: October and November brought a series of layoffs at Seattle-area
| technology companies -- nothing like the dot-com meltdown, but still
| substantial enough to make it clear that the belt-tightening is serious.
|
| We're anticipating another wave after the holidays. Rumors have already
| started about possible cuts at Microsoft next month. And venture-backed
| companies that have yet to turn a profit may be forced to further reduce
| expenses as it becomes harder to raise capital. The only question is how deep
| the cuts will go.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Year_in_review_in_tech_Whats_next36492644.html

Recent:

Rumors: Microsoft Layoffs Coming Jan. 15 (MSFT)

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/12/rumors-microsoft-layoffs-coming-jan-15-msft

Rumors of Upcoming Microsoft Cut-Backs

,----[ Quote ]
| Come 22 Jan 2009 Microsoft will be asked by the analysts what it is doing to
| contain costs. And I believe Microsoft will have an answer. I think this is
| one solution that you don't want to be a part of. I'm all for cutting back,
| but it should have been done long ago, responsibly, vs. forced upon us.
| Because I believe when things turn around, groups will be lighting the
| sparklers and cracking open the Kristal and hiring madly again.
`----

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2008/12/rumors-of-upcoming-microsoft-cut-backs.html

Analyst: Microsoft staff cuts would be "healthy"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/157832.asp?source=rss