[News] Free Mobile Browser from Mozilla Around the Corner (Development News)

Browser for Linux devices hits second alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Labs has released the first version of its "Fennec" mobile device
| browser that can be tested on PC desktops. Available for Linux, Windows,
| Macintosh, Maemo, and Windows Mobile, the "alpha 2" browser boasts extension
| hooks, faster panning and zooming, and improved look and feel, the project
| says.
|
| [...]
|
| The project has tinkered openly with Fennec throughout 2008, but has
| previously released test builds of the web browser only for Nokia's N810 MID
| (mobile internet device), which runs Linux.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9771394687.html?kc=rss

Try Mozilla’s Fennic Mobile Browser on Windows, Mac or Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Hot on the heels of a mobile device browsing tip, I see that Mozilla has
| outed the next alpha version of their Fennic browser. Fennic is the mobile
| version of Firefox that’s currently targeted at the Nokia Internet Tablet
| line, but that’s likely just the beginning of device support considering the
| vast amount of mobile phones out on the market.
`----

http://jkontherun.com/2008/12/23/try-mozillas-mobile-fennic-browser-on-windows-mac-or-linux/

about:mozilla - Fennec, Firefox, Impact Mozilla, Camino, Firebug, QMO, Videos,
Design community, and more…

,----[ Quote ]
| # Mobile Firefox (Fennec) alpha 2 released
| # Firefox 3.0.5 and 2.0.0.20 now available
| # “Fox For All” wins Impact Mozilla
| # Camino 1.6.6 released
| # Fireunit, testing in the Firebug world
| # Firebug in Firefox 3.1b2 and beyond
| # JSON explorer for Firebug
| # New Mozilla design community mailing list
| # Localization Testing and QA survey
| # Interview: Mozilla Weave project lead
| # Quality Assurance community site now in beta
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/12/23/aboutmozilla-fennec-firefox-impact-mozilla-camino-firebug-qmo-videos-design-community-and-more/
http://tinyurl.com/8tvdfw

Fennec is important because there aren't many Free(dom) browsers for phones and
Firefox supports Ogg too.

Recent:

First look: Mozilla's mobile Fennec browser

,----[ Quote ]
| It is good to see Mozilla putting significant resources and effort into the
| mobile space. Mozilla changed the desktop browser marketplace; I hope its
| influence on mobile browsing will be even bigger.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/151153

Mozilla Debuts Mobile Browser Alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla late Thursday released the first public preview of its mobile
| browser, and took the unusual step of offering it in versions for desktop PCs
| and Macs to collect feedback.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/152426/mozilla_alpha_browser.html?tk=rss_news

Firefox for Mobile: What you need to know

,----[ Quote ]
| How would you like to be among the first to get touchy-feely with the next
| mobile browser everyone's talking about? Mozilla's release of the Firefox for
| Mobile alpha code, code-named Fennec, grants that wish to users of the Nokia
| N810 and N800 Internet tablet (installation details here).
`----

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-10069208-12.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Firefox for Mobile: first screenshots!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Awesome Bar, which lets you search for pages intuitively and directly, is
| prominent, though can clearly be tidied away for a more screen estate for the
| web page itself.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/firefox-for-mobile-first-screenshots--475458

Mozilla plans mobile Firefox, plus 'public resource' usage data

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla's chief has set goals for the development of the open source project
| over the next two years, including the release of a mobile version of Firefox
| by 2010.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/19/moz_mission_statement/

Mozilla's Mobile Firefox Targets Summer Release

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/148279/mozillas_mobile_firefox_targets_summer_release.html