[News] Screenshots Show How Beautiful GNU/Linux Becomes

25 Best Linux Desktop Customization Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the advantage of using Linux is that you can choose the graphic
| environment you want to use and you can customize it as you want. This
| article offers you a list of the 25 best screenshots, found on the Internet,
| and which will give you inspiration to customize your desktop.
`----

http://www.tux-planet.fr/25-best-linux-desktop-customization-screenshots/

Recent:

10 Of The Best Linux Desktop Customization Screenshots To Inspire Your
Creativity

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the best thing that I love about Linux desktop is its flexibility and
| the ability to tweak and customize every single part of it to your liking.
| For those who are put off by the default ugly desktop (especially the brown
| desktop of Ubuntu) and have absolutely no idea how to decorate your desktop,
| here are 10 of the best desktop customization screenshots (sourced from
| deviantArt) that could inject some inspiration to your creativity.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/10-of-the-best-linux-desktop-customization-screenshots-to-inspire-your-creativity/2008/11/28

Bring Back the Excitement to Linux Desktop Effects

,----[ Quote ]
| There's no doubt that some people have become a Linux user after seeing a
| video of Compiz Fusion in action on YouTube or wherever. During the first few
| days or weeks, sure they will enjoy the experience of having an extraordinary
| desktop that they can show off to their Vista-using friends. However, like
| some of us, there will come a time that these new-to-Linux users will get
| bored with those extra eye-candies and will realize that they don't really
| need them. Now, if more and more people will lose interest in those stunning
| desktop effects, then the future of Compiz-Fusion and other compositing
| window managers for Linux will surely be bleak.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/11/bring-back-excitement-of-linux-desktop.html

23 Awesome Themes for Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]