Re: new troll netbook FUD

Sinister Midget wrote:
On 2008-12-23, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
____/ chrisv on Tuesday 23 December 2008 13:45 : \____

Terry Porter wrote:

In reality, no Linux netbooks are 'locked down', they're all able to have
other Linux distros installed on them, any time the owner wants.
Well you know, nothing in the Windwoes world is "locked down", because
Micro$oft will gladly sell you the "key".

Here's Vista "ultimate" for only $320!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8759293&st=microsoft+office&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1202650464466

"Ultimate," eh? :-) So does that remove the DRM and the blubber?

More importantly, does it run on a netbook? Any of them? Somebody?

Remember all Linux netbooks come with Open office, *installed*.
So?  Office "professional" for only $500!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8168939&st=microsoft+office&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1162594204637

It doesn't do ODF. It's for users of Microsoft Office to communicate among
themselves. No thanks, it's more important to communicate with one's
government and fellow users who can freely download OOo for every major
platform.

But every Wintard on _earth_ wants a copy of M$-Offal Pro-feshunil to
look at Clippy while they tipe wurds and git it sperl-chucked.

(That's not so far off of some of the crap my boss sends me to proofread
after he runs it through the MS-Offal© Spell© Checker©.)

y0 midge, yer speelchukers b0rken.

the number of people that still ask me to fix their comps... I just got a text message from my friend Andy who wants me to wipe his dual core vista laptop and put on...

not xp...

suse 11.

He's not even seen it in action yet (closest he's ever been to a suse box afaik is my 9.2 mac just before it got reimaged to 10.3, and kde is WAY different in 11.1 to either of them). Is he in for a surprise!

--
TLP

- Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went nuts.

 - No, I will not fix your computer.

 - Thought: It must be a bitch to write your name in the snow in Arabic

*#* Signoff: labo-rat (find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;)