[News] Linux-powered Gift Suggestions

The Top 11 Reasons To Give (Or Get) Linux For Christmas!

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. Linux is free. Linux is free to give, free to share, free to modify and
| free to distribute. You can download and install Linux to as many computers
| you own.  You can also give Linux to friends.  Because Linux is open source,
| you can open up Linux and modify/improve it's code.  You can also create your
| own Linux distribution and sell it to others (like the folks at Mandriva.
| Xandros, and Kiowa do). Linux is about freedom.  Freedom to use the OS and
| share it with others.
`----

http://www.oneclicklinux.com/2008/12/top-11-reasons-to-give-or-get-linux-for.html

Last-Minute Gifts for the Linuxy at Heart

,----[ Quote ]
| And for other ideas? "If you are a Linux fanboy, walk your talk," yagu
| urged. "Google Linux gadgets, and give a gift that has a soul."
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/web20/65589.html

Recent:

The Linux Gadget Hall of Fame: One geek's picks

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has a strong following among those who manage corporate servers, a
| loyal corps of desktop users and a small but growing base of laptop users.
| But it's also been a big -- if stealthy -- success as a platform for gadgets.
|
| In fact, there ought to be a Linux Gadget Hall of Fame. I'll get it started
| with the first group of inductees: 10 of the most important gadgets of all
| time, each one based on Linux.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9123462&source=rss_topic122

The Best Gift This Christmas! Linux!