[News] Despite Depression, Red Hat Earnings Soar 20%

Red Hat profit tops Street forecast

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux software provider Red Hat Inc (RHT.N) reported a quarterly profit on
| Monday that topped Wall Street's forecast, sending shares up 5 percent in
| extended trading.
|
| The company said its net profit in the fiscal third quarter ended Nov. 30
| rose to $24.3 million, or 12 cents a share, from $20.3 million, or 10 cents a
| share, in the year-ago period.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTechMediaTelecomNews/idUSN2247350220081222

Red Hat earnings grow nearly 20% in third quarter

,----[ Quote ]
| For the period ended Nov. 30, the company reported net income of $24.3
| million, or 12 cents per share, compared to earnings of $20.3 million, or 10
| cents per share, for the same period last year.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Red-Hat-earnings-grow-nearly/story.aspx?guid=%7B449AF19D-1762-4401-AD06-D614E755DA53%7D

Red Hat earnings increase

,----[ Quote ]
| Revenue increased, by 22 percent, to $165.3 million.
`----

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2008/12/22/daily9.html

Yesterday:

Red Hat's new support product demonstrates subscription value

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat has set the standard for world class software support, consistently
| earning top marks with CIOs for its efforts. On Thursday, however, Red Hat
| outdid itself, introducing a new product support plan called Extended Update
| Support. In a nutshell, Extended Update Support enables customers to run
| their mission-critical systems for longer stretches of time without having to
| take production systems offline to update them.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10126842-16.html

Working at Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| What I’m trying to say is, most things you see on this blog are possible
| because of Red Hat. Sometimes I feel Red Hat doesn’t get the credit it
| deserves. Red Hat Rocks.
`----

http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2008/12/19/working-at-red-hatt/

Recent:

Red Hat climbs after Jefferies upgrade

,----[ Quote ]
| Shares of Red Hat Inc. climbed Thursday after a Jefferies analyst upgraded
| the software distributor, noting its 100 percent recurring revenue stream,
| which puts it in a good position to weather the 2009 "spending storm."
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/apwire/32027c01dad71c62a2a1fb902359a3c8.htm

Red Hat bucks the trend

,----[ Quote ]