[News] NVIDIA Treats Linux Fairly with CUDA

NVIDIA CUDA 2.1 Beta Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Just in time before many of NVIDIA's engineers leave for the holidays, the
| first beta of CUDA 2.1 has been released. The beta for version 2.1 of the
| Compute Unified Device Architecture brings a few changes to both the SDK and
| Toolkit.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njk0Ng

LB - Episode 33 - Zenoss by Linux Basement

http://www.linuxbasement.com/content/lb-episode-33-zenoss-linux-basement

Recent:

Nouveau Companion 41

,----[ Quote ]
| Just in time for the holidays is a new Nouveau Companion newsletter to update
| the community on the status of this open-source 2D/3D NVIDIA driver that is
| written by clean room reverse-engineering of NVIDIA's binary driver. It has
| been a while since Nouveau Companion 40, but there is still active work going
| into this X.Org driver. Among the topics covered in the 41st edition of the
| Nouveau Companion is kernel mode-setting, Gallium3D, layering GEM on top of
| TTM (similar to the GEM-ified TTM Radeon driver), and thermal monitoring code
| for the Nouveau driver.
|
| Well, I bet most of you did not expect me to show up shortly before the end
| of the year with yet another TiNDC. There has been some turmoil regarding my
| job. At first it was too much work followed by a somewhat unexpected folding
| of the company. So I had to find a new job, which is why I never turned up
| for quite some time.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nouveau_companion_41&num=1

Ubuntu 9.04 To Get Nouveau Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nouveau driver has been in development for several years now but with
| limited developers that are reverse-engineering NVIDIA's GPUs and there being
| no public documentation or support from NVIDIA, it has taken quite a while to
| come up with a reputable open-source driver that supports all of NVIDIA's
| hardware. Nouveau still doesn't have a stable released version of its 2D DDX
| or Mesa 3D driver, but development snapshots of it have appeared in Fedora
| and a few other distributions. With the release of Ubuntu 9.04 next April, a
| packaged version of Nouveau will finally appear in Ubuntu's repositories.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjkxNg

Related:

Nouveau Companion 37

,----[ Quote ]
| In the thirty-seventh edition of the Nouveau Companion, the topics covered
| largely come down to Gallium3D, the status of the Nouveau driver for each of
| the NVIDIA product families (primarily the GeForce 8 series), and of interest
| is that RandR 1.2 should soon be enabled by default for this
| reverse-engineered open-source 2D/3D NVIDIA driver.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nouveau_37&num=1

Nouveau: glxgears on NV4x

,----[ Quote ]