[News] Free CMS Software (Midgard) Coming Along, Joomla CMS Interview

Midgard 8.09.3RC2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Lodz, December 18th 2008 -- The Midgard Project has released a second release
| candidate for the third maintenance release of Midgard 8.09 Ragnaroek LTS.
| Ragnaroek LTS is a Long Term Support version of the free software content
| management framework.
`----

http://www.midgard-project.org/updates/midgard_8-09-3rc2_released/

Linux.SYS-CON.com Q&A with Lead Developer of Joomla!, Andrew Eddie

,----[ Quote ]
| In September, core developers of Mambo, the popular open source content
| management system, announced a fork of the project, called Joomla!, with
| virtually all active participants following the fork.
|
| I caught up with Andrew Eddie, lead developer of the new Joomla!, to find out
| more about the decision to fork the Mambo project, and to find out how things
| are going so far.
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/node/139435/print

Recent:

The Pros and Cons of Using Joomla!

,----[ Quote ]
| Joomla! is a content management system you can use to build websites faster
| than you ever imagined. Read more about the pluses and minuses of using
| Joomla!
`----

http://www.computersight.com/Software/The-Pros-and-Cons-of-Using-Joomla.377273

Portrait: Louis Landry of Joomla! finds direction in FOSS

,----[ Quote ]
| For Louis Landry, a member of the core team for the Joomla! management
| system, free and open source software (FOSS) is not just a hobby, nor just
| the technology behind Jxtended, the consulting business in which he is a
| partner. For Landry, FOSS is also the movement that gave him direction in
| life, and provides both the rationale and the outlet for his diverse
| interests. In fact, he is so enthusiastic about FOSS that he sounds like an
| evangelist for the community whenever it is mentioned.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/139747

Joomla! and the latest trends in the open source revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| As of February 2008, the official Joomla support forum, moderated by Brad
| Baker, has more than 260,000 threads and 1.2 million posts from more than
| 170,000 registered members in 40 languages.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=1632521361&rid=-219

Related:

Joomla Awarded Best Open Source CMS

,----[ Quote ]
| The Joomla team has been having a great year and it seems the end
| is no where in sight.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/open-source-cms/joomla-awarded-best-open-source-cms-000894.php

Ladies and Gentlemen... [Joomla! 1.5]

,----[ Quote ]
| It is with great pride that the Joomla! community announces to the world the
| immediate availability of Joomla! 1.5 Stable [Khepri].  As a community of
| contributors, we have been through celebrations and tribulations. We have had
| fun, and we have worked hard. We have learned from and helped one another.
| What started two and a half years ago with a letter to the community has
| grown into a great opportunity for both the Joomla! project and community to
| benefit from these efforts and to consider our future.
`----

http://www.joomla.org/content/view/4488/1/

Joomla! - the licence stays the same

,----[ Quote ]