[News] Televisions and Broadcast Powered by GNU/Linux

Pimp your Linux satellite box & get TV on your PC!

,----[ Quote ]
| You may have seen reviews of several satellite receivers claiming to
| be 'Linux powered'. So what does it mean for you?
|
| Linux-based receivers have taken off. Dreambox sells a complete range, while
| others selling similar products include Elanvision, AB-Com and DGStation.
| Nearly all can accommodate hard drives, while many of the latest models have
| two tuners and hi-def support.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/pimp-your-linux-satellite-box-get-tv-on-your-pc--492020

Video-call software boasts HD quality

,----[ Quote ]
| Movial is shipping a new version of its mobile video communications software
| that offers high-definition (HD) PC-to-PC, and PC-to-mobile
| video-conferencing. In addition to releasing Movial Communicator PC 7.2,
| Movial announced it has partnered with Cypriot telecom carrier Cyta to offer
| Communicator-based video-calling services.
|
| [...]
|
| Helsinki-based Movial also offers Linux-compatible IP communications clients
| including a "Social Communicator" module for mobile and desktop social
| networking, and the previously mentioned Communicator Mobile. Communicator PC
| also supports Linux, but the Linux version of the 7.2 release won't ship
| until next year, says the company.

Yesterday:

Review: Zattoo Player - Free TV On Your PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Zattoo is a very good way of getting free, high quality TV
| broadcasts on your PC.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/12/review-zattoo-player-free-tv-on-your-pc.html

The State of UK Terrestrial Web TV