[News] British Television Tested on GNU/Linux

[This guy is Sottish:]

Review: Zattoo Player - Free TV On Your PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Zattoo is a very good way of getting free, high quality TV
| broadcasts on your PC.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/12/review-zattoo-player-free-tv-on-your-pc.html

The State of UK Terrestrial Web TV

,----[ Quote ]
| So what i'd like to do here, is round up the offerings of the main 5 TV
| channels, what i'm looking for, is the following, how do they work on the
| following platforms. WindowsXP, Ubuntu 8.10 and Mac OSX Tiger. I'm using XP
| and not vista, because i believe there are more XP installs out there. i'll
| use firefox as the browser of choice to keep the browser the same across all
| browsers, however will also give the default browser for each OS a go as
| well, just to see how different the experience is.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/32983

Recent:

(Sigh): Another BBC Ad for Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, this move couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that
| the security of Windows is so poor as to make the operating system unusable
| without this kind of anti-virus crutch. Well, that's certainly the impression
| you get from benign old Auntie.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/11/sigh-another-bbc-ad-for-microsoft.html

Why is the BBC Running Microsoft Ads?

,----[ Quote ]
| But it's obviously too much to expect a technology reporter in Silicon Valley
| to mention such trivia in the face of the real story about Microsoft's
| perfervid altruism.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/11/why-is-bbc-running-microsoft-ads.html

Related:

BBC pinches hot new columnist from Microsoft

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/14/bill_gates_bbc_secrets/

Beeb slammed for 'fawning' to Bill Gates

,----[ Quote ]