Re: [News] [Rival] Zombiefest Coming Nuclear Submarines?

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:02:55 +0000, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> Royal Navy completes Windows for Submarines™ rollout
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Initial reports as the programme developed suggested that the OS in
>> question | would be Windows 2000, but those who have worked on it have
>> since informed | the Reg that in fact it is mostly based on XP. `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/16/windows_for_submarines_rollout/
>

> Oh. My. God.

Personally I'm looking forward to the day when the Wavy Navy deploys it's
latest steam powered attack frigate HMS Chair, complete with Windows for
Bathtubs v5. That's the one where you have to hard reboot after giving
any kind of order to the system.

"You seem to be trying to fire a missile, do you require some assistance?"

Click on NO and the system freezes and requires a matelot to turn it off
and back on again. Deep joy!

--
I'm always kind, polite and reasonable...

except when I'm not.