[News] New Ubuntu Eee Name, 225,000 Downloads So Far

Ubuntu Eee’s new name!

,----[ Quote ]
| The script back in 2007 was downloaded about 3 000 times, the first release
| of Ubuntu Eee was downloaded about 60 000 times and Ubuntu Eee 8.04.1 has
| been downloaded over 225 000 times!
`----

http://www.jonramvi.com/ubuntu-eees-new-name/

Ubuntu Eee rebranded Easy Peasy, next version due in January

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Eee is a popular Linux distribution designed for Asus Eee PCs. It’s
| based on Ubuntu Linux, but it’s not an official Ubuntu project and so
| developer Jon Ramvi has been searching for a new name for the Ubuntu Eee for
| the last few months to avoid trademark issues. Today he’s announced the new
| name: Easy Peasy.
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2008/12/ubuntu-eee-rebranded-easy-peasy-next-version-due-in-january.html

Yesterday:

Eeebuntu 8.10 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Eeebuntu 8.10 has been released. Eeebuntu is a custom version of Ubuntu Linux
| that supports all drivers for most Eee PC models out of the box.
`----

http://eeepc.itrunsonlinux.com/the-news/1-latest-news/232-eeebuntu-810-released

Recent:

Asus Eee, Ubuntu’d

,----[ Quote ]
| So anyway, I don’t know what the interface is like if you’re using the
| original Linux one available in the US, or Windows (as the ones in Korea seem
| to all have preloaded) but the version of Ubuntu that was remixed especially
| for this series, available here, is really working well as far as I’m
| concerned! Even the hard drive gives me plenty of space — 160 GB is, after
| all, bigger than the drive on my laptop. Tons of space for writing and other
| projects, which is good… next semester is going to involve a fair amount of
| multimedia stuff.
`----

http://www.gordsellar.com/2008/11/22/asus-eee-ubuntud/

eeebuntu: yet another Ubuntu-based build for the Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Another good tip from Robert found its way to my inbox: I'm sure there's Eee
| PC owner or two out there that will appreciate it. There's a new
| and "eeemproved" Ubuntu distro that's customized for the Eee called eeebuntu.
| You can go with the snazzy Compiz Fusion enabled gnome version or go
| plain-vanilla with the Ubuntu Netbook Remix packages. Performance looks
| pretty darn good on the original 701 4G model Eee PC too: just check it in
| the above vid and supply your own audio track. I made mine funny, but feel
| free to make serious commentary when you watch.
`----

http://www.jkontherun.com/2008/07/eeebuntu-yet-an.html

Related:

Ubuntu SD Cards With The Eee PC