[News] More Server Products That Runs GNU/Linux

Unified Communications Startup Hops On Free Train

,----[ Quote ]
| Unison's unified communications software, which includes a Linux server and
| Linux and Windows clients, wraps together a PBX system, e-mail server,
| instant messaging server, contacts and calendar functions.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/212500389

IBM Adds Disk Storage Options for i Shops

,----[ Quote ]
| But I suspect not, or there wouldn't be much of a point of an announcement
| last week for support of the DS3200 on Power6-based BladeCenter machines
| running i 6.1, AIX 6.1, and Linux.
`----

http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh121508-story01.html

Recent:

Unison Technologies Releases Unison(TM) for Ubuntu(TM) to Bring Unified
Communications to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Unison Technologies today announced a wide-ranging partnership to bring
| unified communications to Linux. Unison, the first fully-unified
| communications software, will run both on Ubuntu Server and - with a
| just-released beta version - on Ubuntu Desktop Edition.
`----

http://internet.itbusinessnet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=475214

Ubuntu gets into unified comms, chides Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical has signed an agreement with Unison Technologies to offer a
| complete unified communications suite for small to medium-sized firms running
| Ubuntu Linux.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/07/ubuntu_unison_unified/

Open Source Meets Unified Communications

,----[ Quote ]
| Watch out, Cisco. Move over,  Microsoft. Unified communications and the
| Asterisk open source platform are on a collision course. In fact,  a startup
| called Worxbox hopes to accelerate that convergence. Here’s why anyone
| interested in the unified communications market should care.
|
| In recent months, Asterisk has transitioned into the mainstream. More and
| more businesses and universities are embracing Asterisk as an open source PBX
| replacement to traditional phone systems.
|
| Digium, one of Asterisk’s strongest backers, recently won a global
| distribution deal that should allow the IP PBX to accelerate its worldwide
| acceptance.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/04/02/open-source-meets-unified-communications-2/

Everything in Unison on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Software developer Unison has launched what it claimed is the world's first
| fully-unified communications suite based on Linux.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/applications/news/index.cfm?newsid=11629

SMEs to be offered cut-price Linux-based unified comms platform

,----[ Quote ]
| A Linux-based unified communications platform will be launched at next
| month's CeBIT show in Germany. The software-based beta solution will be
| available for firms to download from next month.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2008/02/22/229533/smes-to-be-offered-cut-price-linux-based-unified-comms.htm

VoIP vulnerabilities in Microsoft Communicator

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2180