[News] List of Video Editors for GNU/Linux, F/OSS a Big Player in Audio

7 Free Open Source Video Editors For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Avidemux is a free video editor used mainly for simple cutting, filtering and
| encoding tasks. It is often dubbed as the VirtualDub for Linux as it can do
| many things that VirtualDub can do. It supports many files types, including
| avi, DVD compatible mpeg files, mp4, asf and even the not-so-common ogm and
| matroska format.
|
| Some of the useful features of Avidemux include a simple WYSIWYG interface,
| easy conversion from one format to another, plenty of filtering effects and a
| built-in subtitles processing capabilities.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/7-free-open-source-video-editor-for-linux/

Top 5 Disruptive Music-Making Technologies

,----[ Quote ]
| 2. Open-source audio software
|
| One of the great disruptive forces when it comes to software is the
| open-source movement. Decentralized teams of programmers with varying amounts
| of time to commit to a project can produce applications that are more stable
| and offer more capabilities than proprietary software developers can, almost
| always offering their final product for free or at a far cheaper cost.
|
| Audacity, a free, open-source audio editor, has been a shining example of
| open-source software for years — so stable that I used it as the basis for a
| book of digital music tutorials, and that was over five years ago; the
| program has only improved since then. Now, it has competition from another
| open-source audio editor called Koblo Studio, which runs on new code (i.e.
| not Audacity), according to one of its creators, and offers more some
| advanced features. The program is free, but users can choose to buy virtual
| synthesizers, effects and other add-ons. Not too long ago, entry-level
| digital audio workstations cost hundreds of dollars, and many still do.
| Thanks to open-source developers, anyone can now record, edit and produce
| music for free.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/12/top-5-disruptiv.html

Recent:

StudioDave Does A Hardware Review And Meets Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| I am satisified with this machine, and Ubuntu 8.10 is an excellent fit for
| the hardware. AVSynthesis runs nicely in realtime, and the rtirq script has
| eliminated xruns from JACK's performance. The apt system has made it easy to
| update the system and set up a full-featured development environment, and of
| course there's the whole UbuntuStudio apps collection for me to explore. I'll
| have more to say about my new machine and its performance with Linux audio
| software, so be sure to check in again soon.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/studiodave-does-hardware-review-and-meets-ubuntu-810

Related:

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Why Vista sounds worse

,----[ Quote ]