[News] Mandriva Claims 2,000 Partners

Mandriva Linux Attracts 2,000 Partners

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to Linux, most U.S. headlines involve Canonical, Novell or Red
| Hat. But another Linux distribution — from Mandriva S.A. of Paris, France —
| is making a name for itself in the global IT channel. Consider this: More
| than 2,000 IT partners have lined up to back Mandriva, up from about 1,200 in
| 2007, The VAR Guy has learned.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/12/16/mandriva-linux-attracts-2000-partners/

"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"

                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

Recent:

Happy metrics on community growth

,----[ Quote ]
| The blue line is users, and the purple line is posts. In December 2005, there
| were 26,771 registered users. During the year 2006, there were around 87,000
| posts to the forums. In January 2007, there were 39,596 registered users, a
| rise of around 13,000. I believe this is partly because the forums were
| opened up to all users during this time - previously, some areas were
| restricted to Club members only.
`----

http://www.happyassassin.net/2008/12/05/happy-metrics-on-community-growth/

Mandriva Linux 2009 impresses

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the more exciting inclusions in Mandriva 2009 is the incorporation of
| the LUKS encryption system into the installer. What this means is that
| Mandriva 2009 will allow users to encrypt their partitions directly from the
| installer.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Software/5523.html

Living with Mandriva

,----[ Quote ]
| That’s pretty much all I’ve done. So far, nothing has crashed, Plasma has
| behaved itself and everything has “just worked”. Mandriva has made me forget
| that I’m using KDE 4, which is actually a good thing!
`----

http://jaysonrowe.wordpress.com/2008/10/11/living-with-mandriva/

Shiny New Mandriva Linux 2009 Walkthrough and First Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest and as they say one of the most ground-breaking versions of
| Mandriva Linux has been released as scheduled. Mandriva Linux 2009 is
| jam-packed with exciting new features and innovations that will try to cater
| everyone’s desktop needs. I had fun with Mandriva 2008, so I was really
| looking forward to this latest release.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/10/shiny-new-mandriva-linux-2009-initial.html

Mandriva packs in changes for new release

,----[ Quote ]
| Kicking off what promises to be a couple of months packed full of great Linux
| releases, Mandriva Linux will today release Mandriva 2009, the latest
| incarnation of its popular Linux desktop. We take a look at what you can
| expect.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=3326

Mandriva Linux 2009 'optimised' for mini laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux publisher Mandriva has released its latest distribution, Mandriva Linux
| 2009, offering a faster boot time and up-to-date versions of tools such as
| KDE, Gnome, OpenOffice and Firefox, plus an installer that optimises the
| platform for mini-laptops.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2227937/mandriva-optimises-linux-mini

Mandriva Linux 2009 released