[News] The Kids Love GNU/Linux

Software as a Subversive Activity, Part 5: Indoctrinating the Next Generation
of Linux Geeks

,----[ Quote ]
| The boys are still in Windows most of the time. But they think Tux the
| penguin is cute, and that's a start. They still ask: “can I play Linux?” and
| want their own Linux machine. (The plan, for now, is to get them set with
| bootable CDs or flash drives.) Convert them now and you've taken over the
| next generation! Mwah hah hah hah!
`----

http://jdeeth.blogspot.com/2008/12/software-as-subversive-activity-part-5.html

Recent:

Switching your kids to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| P.S. They all seem to like KDE4 in Intrepid. If you haven't tried KDE4, you
| really ought to give it a shot even if you're a true Gnome fan. I suspect you
| may be pleasantly surprised.
`----

http://www.kitterman.org/ScottK/2008/10/switching_your_kids_to_linux.html

Child’s Play: Linux Conversion Through Education

,----[ Quote ]
| Successful and peaceful conversion of a population to any new concept occurs
| through its children. If you want to make people recycle plastic bottles,
| start a recycling program in Elementary School. Do you want to introduce a
| new type of mathematics? Introduce it in Elementary School. Do you have an
| internationally accepted system of measurement that you want everyone to use?
| OK, that last one doesn’t count.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7181/

My Vietnamese student using the Asus Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.saigonnezumi.com/2008/11/09/my-vietnamese-student-using-the-asus-eee-pc/