Re: Internet Explorer flaw worse than thought

____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Monday 15 December 2008 20:55 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> "nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> <Quote>
>>> Microsoft has confirmed that it is not just Internet Explorer 7 that
>>> is vulnerable to a new zero-day attack.
>>> </Quote>
>>>
>>> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2232591/ie-flaw-worse-originally
>>>
>>> Solution:  Install Firefox.  See link for roaches crawling over
>>> Microsoft flag.
>>
>> <quote>
>> December 15th, 2008
>> Firefox tops list of 12 most vulnerable apps
>> Posted by Ryan Naraine @ 10:41 am
>>
>> Mozilla's flagship Firefox browser has earned the dubious title of the most
>> vulnerable software program running on the Windows platform.
>>
>> According to application whitelisting vendor Bit9, Firefox topped the list
>> of 12 widely deployed desktop applications that suffered through critical
>> security vulnerabilities in 2008.  These flaws exposed millions of Windows
>> users to remote code execution attacks.
>> </quote>
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2304
>
> Read the PDF:
>
>    http://www.bit9.com/files/Vulnerable_Apps_DEC_08.pdf
>
> Read the criteria for inclusion in the list.  Number 6 automatically
> rules out many Microsoft applications.

There is also a Microsoft connection there.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows XP: Dude, where's my RAM?
Swap:  4088500k total,   417880k used,  3670620k free,   264040k cached