Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 13th of December, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 13th of December, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 07:40:41 +0000
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:ZrDLgby2dJQjtdNENbPeUdftMsw=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 814 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     233  945418     1%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>            88   83565    56%
   3. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       48   52616    71%
   4. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      43   49420    73%
   5. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   38   53730    66%
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    38   24371    55%
   7. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     31   44334    70%
   8. 7 <web_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                27   26886    43%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               27   43163    80%
  10. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@   19   27839    75%
  11. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          16    9798    56%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                              16   24624    80%
  13. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         15   42043    14%
  14. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                       13    7862    43%
  15. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           12   14188    63%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   12    9775     9%
  17. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   11   53433    20%
  18. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   10   24335    25%
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               10   20799    84%
  20. geewhiz <nospam.nospam.nospam.nospam.nospam@com    9    6961    67%
  21. anti..what...ever_you_got <anti..what...ever_yo    8   12171    79%
  22. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                7    5910    60%
  23. Johan Lindquist <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>              6    8369    46%
  24. Tim Murray - CSMA Refugee                          5    1765    48%
      LusoTec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                        5    2681    35%
      Daddy Warbuck <zspook@xxxxxxxxxx>                  5    3727    73%
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                          5   10952    68%
  28. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  4    6943    86%
      George Kettleborough <g.kettleborough@xxxxxxxxx    4    4443    35%
      Kevin Wilcox <kevin.wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>              4    3694    31%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. The superior efficiency of Linux                         89  112534
   2. Ubuntu Sucks Part 1                                      59   70111
   3. [News] Fallacy of GNU/Linux Being 'Hard'                 41   65851
   4. Ubuntu Sucks Part 2                                      32   36484
   5. Fairness in marketing                                    26   43335
   6. Windows market share below 90% for the first time        17   31592
   7. The future of Linux                                      16   13748
      Where can senior citizen computer neophytes get gn       16   22556
   9. Linux - Stop holding our kids back                       15   32732
  10. Amarok 2.0 released                                      14    9212
  11. Going down!                                              13   15894
      Netbook recommendation                                   13   16422
  13. It's official: Macs do not need anti-viral protect       12    6762
      [News] Signs of Desperation to Defeat Free Softwar       12   11574
      Entire class fails computing exam by submitting in       12   10765
  16. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! GWAD ALMIGHTY!!!!         11    5790
      In <6 months idiot have paid for 10,000 applicatio       11   15246
  18. Microsoft Executive: Netbooks Risk Cannibalizing W        9    9670
      LEAKED: Dell/H-P/Lenovo/Vendor Recommends Windows         9   15035
  20. New MS Product                                            7   10423
      XP lives... for a price                                   7   17146
  22. President Obama: ?It is unacceptable that the Unit        6    7135
      Who sells a gnu/linux computer that works out of t        6    4090
  24. 99% of all license paying BeeBeeShee customers use        5    3983
      Acer Aspire One 150 Running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS               5   18894
      [News] [Rival] Sir Fry Loves Vista... NOT                 5    3065
      Linux, Macs hijacked by infected Windows PC               5    8621
      Is it a 64-bit miracle?                                   5    2513
      Puppy Linux -- again                                      5    9909
      Zero-day windows exploit out since October, no pat        5    2270
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           39
   2. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   24
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      24
   4. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     21
   5. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         12
   6. 7 <web_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               11
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  11
      Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     11
   9. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        10
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              10
  11. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     9
  12. Daddy Warbuck <zspook@xxxxxxxxxx>                                 6
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           6
      Johan Lindquist <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             6
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         6
  16. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>       5
  17. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           4
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               4
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   4
  20. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       3
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              3
      Tim Murray - CSMA Refugee                                         3
      Stephan Rose <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 3
      LusoTec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       3
      Paul E. Lehmann <plehmann_21716@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      3
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               3
  27. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 2
      Szymon von Ulezalka <atavus@xxxxxxxxxx>                           2
      Christopher Hunter <cehunter@xxxxxxxxxxx>                         2
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    130
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        72
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        72
   4. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           71
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  71
   6. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          70
   7. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  65
   8. 7 <web_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               64
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                      64
  10. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   63
      Johan Lindquist <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            63
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      63
  13. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          60
      geewhiz <nospam.nospam.nospam.nospam.nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>         60
  15. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     59
  16. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    58
  17. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              56
  18. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              55
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>      55
  20. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         51
  21. anti..what...ever_you_got <anti..what...ever_you_got>            50
  22. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             48
  23. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              39
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           320
   2. slrn                                                            200
   3. Thunderbird                                                      66
   4. Pan                                                              60
   5. Forte Agent                                                      39
   6. Gnus                                                             38
   7. G2/1.0                                                           33
   8. tin                                                              17
   9. Xnews                                                            10
  10. Microsoft OutHouse Express 6.00.2900.2869                         9
  11. Microsoft Outlook Express                                         6
  12. Hogwasher/4.3                                                     5
  13. MT-NewsWatcher                                                    3
  14. Claws Mail 3.5.0 (GTK+ 2.12.11; i486-pc-linux-gnu)                1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 07:40:27 up 37 days, 15:23,  2 users,  load average: 0.40, 0.09, 0.03