[News] FSFE Sells Books, SFLC Features Audiocast

Free Software related books for friends

,----[ Quote ]
| I started thinking about good Free Software related presents lately. Until
| now the best things which came into my mind are books. So I thought it might
| be good to have a list of Free Software related books which are nice to read
| also for people who haven't heard or read about Free Software before.
`----

https://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/mk/i_love_it_here/free_software_related_books_for_friends

[Ogg/Vorbis Audio RSS] [MP3 Audio RSS] The Software Freedom Law Show

,----[ Quote ]
| In this episode of the Software Freedom Law Show, Bradley and Karen interview
| Brett Smith, the Licensing Compliance Engineer at the Free Software
| Foundation.
|
| This show was released on Tuesday 9 December 2008; its running time is
| 00:30:57.
`----

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/podcast/2008/dec/09/0x02/

Recent:

AGPL Declared DFSG-Free

,----[ Quote ]
| Late last week, the FTP Masters of Debian — who, absent a vote of the Debian
| developers, make all licensing decisions — posted their ruling that AGPLv3 is
| DFSG-Free. I was glad to see this issue was finally resolved after months of
| confusion; the AGPLv3  is now approved by all known FLOSS licensing ruling
| bodies (FSF, OSI, and Debian).
`----

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/blog/2008/dec/01/agpl-dfsg-free/

GPLv3/AGPLv3 Adoption: If It Happened Too Fast, I'd Be Worried

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/blog/2008/nov/13/gplv3-agplv3-adoption/