[News] American School Buys Sub-notebooks for Students

PA Charter School To Deploy 1,400 OLPC XO Laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Chester Community Charter School in Pennsylvania is deploying 1,400 XO
| laptops to students, marking the largest deployment of laptops from One
| Laptop Per Child (OLPC) in the United States. The initial rollout will begin
| this week.

Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Optimized for XO Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks to the tireless efforts of Teapot, we now have Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid
| optimized for the XO laptop! Teapot designed this release to be reliable and
| consistent with these modifications:
|  * Kernel is from OLPC release 8.2.0. USB boot fix in ramdisk is the only
|  change that was applied to OLPC-distributed files.
| [...]

Amazon to sell one OLPC laptop for the price of two

,----[ Quote ]
| Amazon will soon sell the OLPC Linux laptop using the approach taken by the
| hardware charity's 'buy two, get one' programme.

OLPC's Amazon Notebook Linux Only

,----[ Quote ]
| “Contrary to some media reports, it will be a Linux-based XO Laptop that will
| be offered as part of the global initiative and not a dual-boot machine
| running both Windows and Linux,” OLPC said in a statement.

What do Free and Open Source Software Leaders Think of Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]