Re: Going down!

Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Jerry McBride spake thusly:

>>> ... but rebooted each and every time a patch or software change
>>> is made... How long between reboots... 2 hours?
>>
>> Moreover he must be lying about never having crashes, unless his
>> systems are not fully patched, since AFAIK XPSP3 caused nearly
>> everyone else's XP systems to crash, by all accounts.
>
> DFS runs Win 2003 Server as his desktop, though.

And XP at work.

> Well, with regular patching and reboots, you could claim Win 2003 to
> be "crash-free".  <grin>

[quote]
Win2k3 Crash
My file server, running Wink23 SP1 is crashing more often than Id like
it to :)

Here is the dump file, any help?

Thanks in advance!!!
[/quote]

[No answer]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-nt-2000-2003-server-2008-server/221257-win2k3-crash.html

[quote]
the windows 2003 server got all fouled up after some software updates,
and after a restart all sharepoint sites were unaccessible.

any suggestions on how to get them restored onto a new server? havent
heard anything back, and everything i am trying isnt working.
[/quote]

[No answer]

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointadmin/thread/54f99c7f-b320-4511-b5ac-bfc757fea957/

[quote]
backup exec crashes win2k3 on verify

Hello,
We have a 9.1 server that has been crashing when my jobs are verifying.
[/quote]

[No solution]

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=101&thread.id=28552

[quote]
IE7 on Win2k3 Server crashes when opening Microsoft UK home page!
This is a classic. I have IE7 installed on two Win2k3/Citrix terminal
servers (all updates installed). When opening the Microsoft UK home page
(www.microsoft.com/en/gb/default.aspx) on one server, I get 'The
instruction at "0x45617e64" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "read".' and IE then terminates when I click OK or
Cancel. On the other server, IE just terminates with no error message.
Both servers produce identical errors in the event log (see below). I
have tried disabling all add-ins, but it makes no difference. The error
occurs in both ICA and Remote Desktop sessions, but not when logged into
the server console.
[/quote]

[Solution: IE7 installed the wrong component - hotfix available]

http://www.techtalkz.com/internet-explorer/149347-ie7-win2k3-server-crashes-when-opening-microsoft-uk-home-page.html

Like I said, 100% crash-free?

Bullshit.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 03:36:12 up 34 days, 11:19,  3 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.04, 0.01