[News] [SOT] The UK's Internet Compared to China's

Welcome to Great (Firewall) Britain

,----[ Quote ]
| Nobody is suggesting that child pornography is defensible, but this episode
| has exposed how trivially easy it is to block not just an image, but an
| entire site – even one as popular and important as Wikipedia – thanks to a
| centralised routeing system.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1613&blogid=14

The Great UK Firewall

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/12/08/08/15/10-the-great-uk-firewall

Recent:

Bad Phorm: UK Police give green light to Internet spying

,----[ Quote ]
| The email is quoted by El Reg and states that "it has been decided that no
| Criminal Offence has been committed" and there was a "lack of Criminal Intent
| on behalf of BT and Phorm Inc in relation to the tests."
|
| The best bit, though, is the revelation that BT customers would have given
| implied consent to being spied upon without their knowledge because the aim
| of the tests was to enhance product quality.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20759/1054/

Police close file on BT's trials

,----[ Quote ]
| The City of London Police have said there will be no formal investigation of
| BT over its secret trials of an ad monitoring system.

British Government Violates Copyright

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://slated.org/british_government_violates_copyright