[News] World Wide Web Consortium Releases Free Software, OpenID Too

W3C Helps Authors Go Mobile Open Source Checker Promotes Mobile-Friendly
Content

,----[ Quote ]
| The mobileOK checker has been developed as an open source project, driven by
| the Mobile Web Best Practices (MWBP) Working Group which includes leaders
| from the mobile industry and Mobile Web Initiative (MWI) sponsors. W3C
| welcomes suggestions for new features and improvements on the checker mailing
| list, where the list of contributors continues to grow. Support from the
| MobiWeb2.0 project, part of the European Union's 7th Research Framework
| Programme (FP7), will enable W3C to continue to actively develop the checker
| through at least the end of 2009.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/W3C-Helps-Authors-Go-Mobile/story.aspx?guid=%7BBD61EAA3-4D60-42E4-9C2F-80F1CBC65D7F%7D

Prototype unveiled for storing OpenID credentials

,----[ Quote ]
| The joint MySpace, Flock and Vidoop implementation is a reference design
| released as open source under the General Public License so that changes from
| developers will be shared with the entire open-source community, the
| companies say.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/devt/2F2752395D2CF3FBCC257515007B284E

Recent:

SourceForge Implements OpenID Technology

,----[ Quote ]
| SourceForge(r) (Nasdaq:LNUX), the leader in community-driven media and
| e-commerce, today announced inclusion of the OpenID functionality in their
| SourceForge.net website.
`----

http://ir.corp.sourceforge.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=82629&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1141734&highlight=

Evolving the OpenID Foundation Board

,----[ Quote ]
| By bringing on these companies and their resources, the OpenID Foundation
| will now be able to better serve the needs of  the entire OpenID community.
| In 2008, we can expect to see a larger focus on making OpenID even more
| accessible to a mainstream audience, the development of a World-wide
| trademark usage policy (much like the Jabber Foundation and Mozilla have
| done), and a larger international focus on working with the OpenID
| communities in Asia and Europe. Awesome!
`----

http://openid.net/2008/02/07/evolving-the-openid-foundation-board/

Related:

Yahoo throws weight behind OpenID standard

,----[ Quote ]
| In one of the most significant moves yet in the growing push toward service
| interoperability on the Web, tech giant Yahoo announced Thursday that it is
| supporting the OpenID 2.0 standard for a universal Internet log-in.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13577_3-9852348-36.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

OpenID Becomes Enterprising

| We've been here before, with operating systems. Back in the days when Unix
| was king, nobody wanted to standardise on someone else's flavour, and we were
| left with myriad Unices, all slightly incompatible. One of the reason that
| GNU/Linux has been adopted so widely is that it offered a neutral, open
| platform that favoured everyone equally. Clearly, then, what we need is a
| neutral, open identity system.
|
| Amazingly, we have one: OpenID.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=252&blogid=14