[News] Detailed Review of Fedora 10 on the Desktop

Test Center preview: Fedora turns 10

,----[ Quote ]
| There comes a point in the life of any hard-core Linux user when the idea of
| digging about to find yet another obscure piece of software, compiling the
| code, and integrating it into your daily routine just seems annoying, not
| compelling. This is where Fedora comes through. Because more of the popular
| and necessary packages "just work" with Fedora, less time is burned spinning
| wheels and more time is available for productive tasks.
|
| [...]
|
| For many in the Linux community, Fedora has become the mainstay of projects
| big and small. Legend has it that Linus Torvalds uses Fedora. It runs on
| desktops and servers, serving as a foundation to myriad tools and projects,
| and is generally viewed as a generally stable Linux distribution, but one
| that can and does change radically from release to release. As befits what is
| essentially beta code, those releases tend to come fast and furious. Fedora
| 10 is no exception.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/12/08/50TC-fedora-preview_1.html

Recent:

Fedora 10: A Mini Review

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, I am very impressed with Fedora. I don’t think I will be giving
| up my Ubuntu yet (being an Ubuntu contributor, I would find it hard to keep
| up my contributions to Ubuntu while using another distro), but I would be
| happy to recommend it to people who are thinking of switching from Windows or
| Mac OS. If Mark Shuttleworth suddenly decided he wanted to invest in
| something else and Ubuntu fell apart, I would happily make the switch to
| Fedora.
`----

http://bobbo.me.uk/?p=234

A Visual Desktop Tour of 10 Fedora Releases

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora is without doubt one of the most prolific Linux distributions around.
| In the span of only 5 years, the Fedora Project has already unleashed 10
| major versions of Fedora.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/11/visual-desktop-tour-of-10-fedora.html

Video: Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 10 is out, and to celebrate that milestone, Fedora Project leader Paul
| Frields sat down with Red Hat community guru Greg DeKoenigsberg to talk about
| where Fedora’s been over the past five years and where it’s going. Along the
| way they discuss KVM improvements, the debut of new Fedora artwork, and the
| future of codec support. Watch the video, then head on over to
| fedoraproject.org to fire it up!
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/12/02/video-fedora-10/

What's new in Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| The tenth version of the Fedora project's Linux distribution promises both a
| faster and more visually pleasing start-up procedure, thanks to kernel-based
| mode-setting and the Plymouth program. With GNOME 2.24.1, KDE 4.1.2,
| OpenOffice 3.0, Firefox 3.0.4, RPM 4.6, the "glitch free" version of
| PulseAudio and numerous other improvements, Fedora 10 – version
| name "Cambridge" – includes state-of-the-art components and offers many new
| features that are likely to be incorporated into other distributions in the
| near future.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/What-s-new-in-Fedora-10--/features/112093

Big Story: Fedora 10 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| This episode of Fedora 10 features information about the new Fedora 10
| release, some new features developed by the Fedora project, as well as a
| final commentary on their new theme.
`----

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=404

Fedora 10 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora is really aggressive about keeping up with bug fixes and security
| updates over the lifecycle of their products. With Fedora 9, they updated
| (and will continue to update) KDE every time the KDE folks did. As a result,
| the KDE that ships with Fedora 10 is very similar to the KDE that you have on
| a fully updated Fedora 9 system. This is a good thing. After KDE came out
| with the 4.1.x series I switched back to KDE and have been fairly happy ever
| since. That isn't to say that all KDE users are happy with KDE 4 but I find
| it to be quite usable now.
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/fedora-10-review.html

Fedora 10 Comes Out With Five More Spins

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg4Nw