[News] Rave Review of the Latest Puppy Linux

Puppy Linux - A pocket-size atom bomb

,----[ Quote ]
| Puppy Linux proves that even simplicity has the power to get all the things
| done. The basic interface may require sometime from you to get you accustomed
| to it, but you’ll like it afterwards.
|
| It doesn’t matter whether you are a Linux newbie or a seasoned Linux user,
| you will like Puppy as much as I did. This has to be one of the best Linux
| distros around. And it certainly deserves more attention than it is getting
| right now. Puppy is a tiny atom bomb - loaded with plethora software and
| utilities - that you can carry in your pocket - in your pen drive, CD, etc.
| Puppy has so much to offer in so little a size!
`----

http://anurag.granularproject.org/2008/12/puppy-linux-a-pocket-size-atom-bomb/

Recent:

Using UNetbootin To Get Puppy On A Stick

,----[ Quote ]
| I am totally in love with my new Puppy flash installation. It does everything
| I need it to do, is fast and very stable and is tremendous fun to use. This
| is one Puppy that is definitely not just for Christmas - it is a faithful
| friend you will want to keep by your side all year round.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/11/using-unetbootin-to-get-puppy-on-stick.html

Puppy Linux - revisited - Absolutely stunning!

,----[ Quote ]
| Puppy is a lean, mean menace. It's simple, light, fast, stable, and
| beautiful. It offers the users a complete experience out of the box.
| Configurations are driven by simple menus, without any need for advanced
| Linux knowledge.
|
| Even if you're just a curious Windows user, Puppy is definitely for you.
| You'll get multimedia support for all sorts of audio and video files, without
| any worry about installing strange things. And you even have an anti-virus
| should a need arise. Sharing network resources has never been simpler.
|
| The live CD also allows you to perform rescue, backup and auditing of
| installed systems, be they Linux or Windows, offering you leverage in case of
| a disaster.
|
| On top of all that, Puppy is productive, with a broad range of excellent,
| useful programs for just about anyone.
|
| I have always loved Puppy, but version 4.1 surpasses even my optimism. It's
| truly magnificent.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/puppy-revisited.html

Puppy 4.1: What’s Not to Like?

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is the Desktop which is built on JWM a lightweight but fast desktop
| option.  The graphics may not meet the options of a full blown Linux distro
| but you cannot install a regular distro on older machines.  Puppy will not
| only use less resources but you will find that it is much faster as you do
| not have to deal with all the eye-candy drags…   If speed and the ability to
| run Linux on an old piece of junk is what you need, what’s not to like about
| Puppy 4.1….thanks Puppy developers!
`----

http://linuxdistrochoices.com/blog/release/puppy-41-whats-not-to-like/

Puppy Linux 4.1 Retro ScreenShots

,----[ Quote ]
| I was very pleased with Puppy Linux 4.1! The interface was smooth and easy to
| use.
`----

http://www.linuxdynasty.org/puppy-linux-41-retro-screenshots.html

An Old Dog Learns Some New Tricks With Puppy Linux 4

,----[ Quote ]
| Puppy Linux version 4 is a good choice if you're looking for a portable Linux
| OS, writes reviewer Jack Germain. You can load it onto a thumb drive and run
| it from multiple PCs, taking all your personal settings with you. Its tiny
| size comes with a few shortcomings, however.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/64074.html

Puppy Linux 4.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The rest of the software appears to be unchanged from my last review. Again,
| I like Puppy Linux and I think they continue to create a good lightweight
| distro with lots of programs. It seems to be very functional - unlike other
| lightweight distros it appears to have a program for each task you might need
| to do.
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2008/07/26/puppy-linux-40/

Puppy Linux 4.0 on my old laptop: it's getting better

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently I tried one of my fav distro, Puppy Linux, on my very old laptop
| Toshiba Tecra 8200.
| And this time I found a pleasant surprise.
`----

http://seputarlinux.blogspot.com/2008/06/puppy-linux-40-on-my-old-laptop-its.html

Puppy Linux 4.00 is barking up the right tree

,----[ Quote ]
| In summary, the new Puppy 4.00 release is the cat's meow. Puppy Linux 4.00 is
| fast, reliable (on my systems it ran for days with no issue), has good
| wireless support, new scanner tools that work well, all the necessary
| multimedia codecs, and has a minimalistic yet usable approach that allows
| older computers to be functional machines again. Puppy also excels as a
| rescue CD or OS. Puppy also has good documentation already built in for new
| users and has active online forums.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/137880

How I Found Puppy