Re: [News] Signs of Desperation to Defeat Free Software

On 2008-12-05, Gary M. Stewart <gmstewart1953@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:20:04 -0600, JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> True.
>>>
>>> It needs users.
>>>
>>> Sitting at 0.8 percent of the desktop market share after 17+ years of being
>>> free is pathetic.
>>
>>     What you think of Linux marketshare numbers is ultimately irrelevant.
>
> Exactly.
>
> The masses have spoken already which is why Linux is still at a paltry 0.8
> percent of desktop market share.

    ...despite that, new and interesting software gets written for Linux
and new and interesting devices get supported in Linux.

    You've yet to show any real reason why anyone would need to care.

    I don't really give a damn what my neighbor runs. As long as I am
free to use the products that suit my needs, my neighbor can eat dirt
and run a vic-20 for all I care.

    Let netbios broadcasts and such would be nice though...

--

	Truth is irrelevant as long as the predictions are good.      |||
                                                                     / | \