[News] Apple's Non-Free Browser Loses to Firefox; The Extensions Advantage

Why I've got the browser blues

,----[ Quote ]
| So for entering stories I resorted to Firefox. Now I know Firefox has its
| fans, and some of them are probably taking umbrage about my choice of the
| word "resorted", but hear me out.
|
| iTWire's editor software works just fine with Firefox. Version 3 is visibly
| faster than version 2, and since Mozilla is about to stop supporting version
| 2 in terms of security updates I really feel I shouldn't be using the older
| version.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22006/1151/

Customizing Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Straight out of the box, Firefox is a great tool. But A.Lizard recommends
| customizing some of the features in order to make Firefox far more useful for
| your personal and business activities.
`----

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1278988

Recent Firefox extensions for tab addicts

,----[ Quote ]
| The number of Firefox extensions continues to grow. For example, when I last
| wrote about tab extensions just over a year ago, about 110 existed. Now,
| despite the need to rewrite many extensions to make them compatible with
| Firefox 3.0, the number is over 190, and the choice is greater than ever.
| Basic functionality, coloring options, positioning of the tab bar, automatic
| opening of tabs at startup -- whatever your need, you can probably find it on
| the Firefox add-ons site.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/153791

Mozilla Foundation and 2010 Goals

,----[ Quote ]
| In the past few weeks I’ve been involved in a lot of conversations about
| strengthening the Mozilla Foundation and a lot of conversations about the
| 2010 goals.  I don’t think we’ve got the connection between the two quite
| right.
`----

http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2008/11/30/mozilla-foundation-and-2010-goals/

Google's pseudo-open source browser is getting extensions too.

Recent:

Funny FireFox Ads

,----[ Quote ]
| No secret that we love Firefox, it’s arguably the best browser in the world,
| and some very cool ad spots have been made by fans and posted, here’s a few
| of the ones we liked.
`----

http://opsamericas.com/?p=856

20+ Firefox 3 Security and Privacy Extensions

,----[ Quote ]
| While Firefox is considered a safe browser by most people, it can never hurt
| to add more layers of security in this day and age. And while you’re at it,
| there are a number of ways to increase your privacy online. Here are over 20
| extensions that can provide you with useful ways to protect yourself, your
| identity and your family on the Internet.
`----

http://mashable.com/2008/10/31/firefox-security-extensions/

7 Apps Every Open Source Enthusiast Should Brag About

,----[ Quote ]
| There you have it. 7 apps that you can brag about or just to prove a point
| about Open Source. Of course this list is not exhuastive at all! Open Source
| has lots up it’s sleeve. Thunderbird, Gimp, OpenSSH, Laconica, MythTV…etc all
| are beaming examples of our great culture. Open Source FTW!
`----

http://www.dailyartisan.com/news/7-apps-every-open-source-enthusiast-should-brag-about/

CyberNotes: Top 10 Firefox Extensions to Impress Your Friends

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://cybernetnews.com/2008/05/14/cybernotes-top-10-firefox-extensions-to-impress-your-friends/