Re: [News] Aussie Kicks Microsoft's Butt, Probably Chooses GNU/Linux

DFS wrote:
skydweller wrote:
DFS wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Microsoft on the outer of schools funding

What a joke, from a joke.  The entire education system of
nearly every country in the world runs Microsoft Windows,
and has paid MS billions and billions through the years.

I was wondering where my tax money was going.  I think there
may be better ways to spend it.

You'd force substandard Linux/OSS junkware on children just to
satisfy your anti-MS rage?

That's not nice...

http://duvet-dayz.com/archives/2008/04/04/654/

[quote]
Linux: 9000 PCs in Swiss schools will switch to Ubuntu only
By fpp ⋅ 4-April-2008 at 15:11 (UTC)

Beginning from next term, all computers at schools in the Swiss
canton of Geneva will be switched to Ubuntu Linux only.

Geneva newspaper Tribune de Geneve reports today that from
September 2008 all computers at schools that currently are
dual-boot MS Windows and Linux will have MS Windows removed and
become FOSS (Free Open Source Software) only.

Besides lower costs for the administration, students will also
profit from the use of Ubuntu, as they then will be able to use
the same applications at home without additional cost.

Manuel Grandjean, director for the schools (Ecoles-Médias) IT
services pointed out that the use of FOSS “…encourages
participation and the democratization of knowledge and provides
product independent competences…“. He also sees the use of FOSS
as a “reinforcement of equal opportunities” for students.
[/quote]

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati