[News] Introduction to Features in Fedora 10

What's new in Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| The tenth version of the Fedora project's Linux distribution promises both a
| faster and more visually pleasing start-up procedure, thanks to kernel-based
| mode-setting and the Plymouth program. With GNOME 2.24.1, KDE 4.1.2,
| OpenOffice 3.0, Firefox 3.0.4, RPM 4.6, the "glitch free" version of
| PulseAudio and numerous other improvements, Fedora 10 – version
| name "Cambridge" – includes state-of-the-art components and offers many new
| features that are likely to be incorporated into other distributions in the
| near future.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/What-s-new-in-Fedora-10--/features/112093

Recent:

Big Story: Fedora 10 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| This episode of Fedora 10 features information about the new Fedora 10
| release, some new features developed by the Fedora project, as well as a
| final commentary on their new theme.
`----

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=404

Fedora 10 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora is really aggressive about keeping up with bug fixes and security
| updates over the lifecycle of their products. With Fedora 9, they updated
| (and will continue to update) KDE every time the KDE folks did. As a result,
| the KDE that ships with Fedora 10 is very similar to the KDE that you have on
| a fully updated Fedora 9 system. This is a good thing. After KDE came out
| with the 4.1.x series I switched back to KDE and have been fairly happy ever
| since. That isn't to say that all KDE users are happy with KDE 4 but I find
| it to be quite usable now.
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/fedora-10-review.html

Fedora 10 Comes Out With Five More Spins

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 10 was officially released a few days ago, but the Fedora SIG (Special
| Interest Group) has this weekend announced the availability of a few
| application-specific spins for Cambridge. Well, seven different spins to be
| exact.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg4Nw

Red Hat CEO: From the economic rubble, open source will emerge stronger

,----[ Quote ]
| In August Red Hat posted second quarter revenue 29 percent higher than the
| same quarter a year ago, while its subscription revenue also enjoyed
| double-digit growth to beat analysts’ estimates. Whitehurst said that while
| predictions of a recession will likely mean fewer new projects, the economic
| benefits of going open source are already encouraging proprietary customers
| to switch.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1780559326;fp;4;fpid;1968336438

Q&A: Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst