Re: [News] McDonald's Makes US Patents on Sandwiches, EPO Can Still be Saved

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 01 December 2008 15:42 : \____

> Tony Manco <trmanco-usenet@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>

>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> McDonald's Sandwich Patent
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/11/mcdonalds-sandwich-patent.html
>>>
>>> USPTO is corrupt. Broadening scope to make more money...
>>
>> I guess we can't make sandwiches for free anymore... and c'mon, who
>> needs a flowchart to make a sandwich?
>>
>> I hope someone will create an "open sandwich" just like there is an
>> "open cola"
>>

> I think that a certain Earl of Sandwich might be able to claim some
> prior art here, a few hundreds years ago, in fact.
>
> Ridiculous...

It turns out to be old news and something that's tied to a machine.

Microsoft loves competition.
"We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."

                --Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President