[News] [Rival] Microsoft Office Became Adaware, Badware foe Extra Buck

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Office Became Adaware, Badware foe Extra Buck
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:02:47 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Is Microsoft Office Adware?

,----[ Quote ]
| Is Microsoft Office adware? Wikipedia defines adware as "any software package
| which automatically plays, displays, or downloads advertising material to a
| computer after the software is installed on it or while the application is
| being used."
`----

http://www.oooninja.com/2008/02/is-microsoft-office-adware.html

Recent:

German penal institutions looking into OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| It looks like that OpenOffice.org is also being used in areas where many of
| us don't expect it, or wouldn't research for. I have reports that some German
| penal institutions are looking into OpenOffice.org for their daily office
| work.
`----

http://ooomarketing.blogspot.com/2008/02/german-penal-institutions-looking-into.html

[German] Federal Employment Office switches to Linux

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/102218

French police deal blow to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
| for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
| administrations in the world to make the break.
`----

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU4Lq7tOR_WVOJLZ3IeRaIH03x6w

Related:

Vietnam Switches to OpenOffice.org!

,----[ Quote ]
| More than 20,000 computers from Party offices nationwide will switch to using
| OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office from early 2008.
`----

http://saigontimes.com.vn/daily/BRIEFs.asp?loai=1&Sobao=3022&Ten=briefly%20today

Thailand: Egat turns to open source to cut costs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/08/28/technology/technology_30046747.php