[News] Linux Conference/Expo Just Launched, Videos Available

  • Subject: [News] Linux Conference/Expo Just Launched, Videos Available
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 02:49:12 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux Expo can help you build a business

,----[ Quote ]
| The focus of the two-day show at the Westin Los Angeles Airport Hotel will be
| on the Linux operating system - made to work like the mainframe stalwart Unix
| but now available for servers and desktop computers of all kinds. But a big
| part of the SCALE 6X show will be how companies like Google, Ticketmaster and
| Shopzilla use free, open-source software to build huge businesses.
`----

http://www.dailybreeze.com/business/ci_8210027

Keynote streamed live today

,----[ Quote ]
| Late breaking news - it turns out that my keynote at SCALE today will be
| streamed live over the Internet. You can access it by clicking here - it
| kicks off at 9.55am Los Angeles time on the 9th Feb 2008. That is today.
`----

http://www.jonobacon.org/?p=1124

Also, a new interview with Mozilla's CEO:

John Lilly, Mozilla CEO video interview on GigaOM

,----[ Quote ]
| The GigaOM Show had Mozilla Corporation’s CEO, John Lilly as its guest for
| Episode 28. John talks about the CEO transition, Firefox 3, Mozilla income,
| growth, the IPO theory and Thunderbird.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/02/john-lilly-mozilla-ceo-video-interview-on-gigaom/

Related:

Five Trends at Southern California Linux Expo

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/02/08/five-trends-at-southern-california-linux-expo/