Re: [News] OLPC in India Called a Success

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 06:10:21 -0500, NG wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> I have to say that Unset, Linux and the Internet have taken this person
> completely over and he is possessed. How does someone get to this kind
> of a mindset where he or she lets something totally consume he or she
> like this?
>
> Well, at least he has a little commonsense, as he keeps it contained to
> the Linux NG(s) I think, unlike Au79 and 7 who are totally out of
> control and possessed.
>
> Roy Schestowitz, do you get out of your dwelling and move around or are
> you stuck in front of that computer most of the day? I hope you are
> getting out from time to time to keep some kind of balance in your life.

I posted an experiment for people to try.
Basically it involves reading and replying to Roy Schestowitz for a day and
see how much time it takes.

Now consider that he SPAMs this crap to every corner of the Internet, posts
on blogs, digg, Netscape, LinuxJournal and also maintains his own various
boycott sites.

Also consider that you are just offering a reply and Roy is formatting,
inserting links, adding more information, (ie:related stories etc) and so
forth.

You will QUICKLY discover that it is virtually impossible for one person to
do this and still have a life.
In fact it is almost impossible to do unless one does not sleep, eat or go
out.

Additionally, consider that Roy Schestowitz is in a PHD program at
University which I am sure involves some time.

The only conclusions that can be reached are:

1. Roy is being paid to do this and thus it is worth his while.
2. More than one person is posting as Roy.
3. The process is automated and is really an experiment ie AI.
4. Roy Schestowitz is a lost soul who lives, eats, sleeps and shits while
posting on his computer and even then, even then, all of this does not seem
humanly possible.

Try it out and see for yourself.
Several people have already done it and emailed me with their results.

Bottom line, they could not even come close. And that's just replying in
one forum.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: