[News] [OT] The Impact of Waste, Dumping

  • Subject: [News] [OT] The Impact of Waste, Dumping
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 08:07:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
THE GREAT PACIFIC GARBAGE PATCH

,----[ Quote ]
| Global warming is not the only threat that marine organisms face. In the
| North-East Pacific a vortex of plastic rubbish is taking over the ocean,
| swamping marine ecosystems and ultimately posing a danger to human life.
| Known formally as the Great Pacific Garbage Patch or the Eastern Garbage
| Patch, the phenomena arises because circulating currents of the sub-tropical
| gyre naturally tend to agglomerate floating materials in this region.
| Historically, floating debris was broken down by microorganisms, but now a
| new class of materials has upset this balance – in a word, plastic. Unlike
| naturally occurring compounds, plastic does not photo-degrade, it simply
| breaks up into ever-smaller pieces and lingers in the environment as an
| invisible toxic dust.
`----

http://www.theiff.org/reef/reef4.html

Rubbish dump found floating in Pacific Ocean is twice the size of America

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=512424&in_page_id=1811

Maybe there are some Vista boxes and Vista-incable PCs floating about too.
Watch the following videos which show how Bill Gates' investments in oil
companies kill children because it's cheaper to let the fume suffocate people
than it is to handle it properly. Lives are cheap to these people. Mass
production a la Microsoft Corp.

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttq0IdULfjg

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlnqnMHQ1c

"Get me into that and goddam, we'll make so much money!"

                                --Bill Gates, Microsoft

Spying the Gates Foundation: Diversified Holdings Stay Ahead of Market Weakness

,----[ Quote ]
| The foundation made moves in other sectors during Q3, as well, adding shares
| in Caterpillar and Canadian National Railway, while maintaining
| stakes in energy giants Exxon Mobil and BP.

http://biz.yahoo.com/indie/071126/1004_id.html?.v=1

Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gatesx07jan07,0,6827615.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Gates Foundation Revokes Pledge to Review Portfolio

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/12/1756212&from=rss