Re: [News] Pressure on Microsoft to Embrace and Learn from ODF

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 02:01:24 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft's OXML standard debate hots up
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| “OXML needs a thorough review before India can commit anything. Rushing
>| through the 6,000 page specification through the fast track process by ISO is
>| not going to help. The ODF standard was approved after six years of intensive
>| study,” said Venkatesh Hariharan, co-founder Open Source Foundation of India
>| and member of Knowledge Commons, a Knowledge rights group.
> `----
>
> http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Microsofts_OXML_standard_debate_hots_up/articleshow/2768249.cms

Hard to argue with someone that can't even get basic facts right.

Hint:  ODF was finalized in 2005, yet the ODF TC wasn't even created until
2002.

Now I may not be any math genius, but 2005-2002 != 6.  What's more, From
the time it was first submitted to ISO to ISO approval was less than 1
year.