[News] UNIX-type Systems Inherently Much More Secure Than Windows

  • Subject: [News] UNIX-type Systems Inherently Much More Secure Than Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 02:06:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft is Stupid, Apple is Not

,----[ Quote ]
| If you take a look at the history of OS design by each company, it's pretty
| clear why this is so. Microsoft has historically made an unreliable, ugly,
| and highly insecure operating system based on its own spaghetti/Swiss cheese
| code. This is no secret to anyone who has followed the industry or even used
| Windows on a daily basis. If you are a Windows users you MUST have
| spyware/virus/malware prevention software or, sooner or later, your machine
| is going to get nailed.
| It isn't Microsoft bashing to say any of this, it's just the truth for
| Windows users each day of their computing lives.

"We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage Windows
technically more."

                                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft fiend

Why Linux is More Secure Than Windows

,----[ Gist ]
| Much better patch management tools...
| Much stronger default configuration...
| Modular Design...
| Better tools to protect against zero-day attacks...
| Open Source Architecture...
| Diverse Environment...

Linux Security: A Big Edge Over Windows

The problems with Vista laid bare - What might have been

Why Windows is less secure than Linux

Microsoft Windows: Insecure by Design

If Only We Knew Then What We Know Now About Windows XP

Why Windows is a security nightmare.

The Structural Failures of Windows